1. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor lost in a massive upset to primary challenger David Brat.
Brat accused Eric Cantor — who hinted that he might support a compromise that would allow undocumented immigrants to stay in America — of being soft on immigration. He even dubbed Cantor “the number one Republican supporter of amnesty.”
On hearing about Cantor’s loss, anti-immigration conservatives took to Twitter to celebrate.
2. They declared “amnesty” very, very dead:
4. They warned other Republicans to change their ways:
15. RINOs in particular:
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- Prime Minister Theresa May is starting the UK's withdrawal process from the European Union this week. But how will Brexit work?
- We tried Fitbit's new slim Alta HR activity band, which comes with heart-rate tracking technology that's typically found on chunkier devices 🏃
- And Muslims in Birmingham told BuzzFeed News what it's like in the city that finds itself under the spotlight because of the murderous actions of London attacker Khalid Masood.