Eleanor H. Norton
On my way to House floor to talk abt huge food stamp cuts in Repub. farm bill. I’m on food stamp budget for a week. http://t.co/owkBKmtyNc
Rep. Jim McGovern
Again, not a lot of time to prepare meals today. A shredded cheese wrap and carrot will have to do. #snapchallenge http://t.co/utr6GOKjHg
I just finished shopping for #SNAPchallenge very challenging to shop. http://t.co/gSYpI7QKNG
Bumped into Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky in the grocery store yesterday. She too is doing the SNAP challenge…. http://t.co/mXl7JpFEHs
5. New Jersey’s Rep. Donald Payne Jr. didn’t share a picture, but tweeted about his experience.
Donald Payne Jr.
Seeing what it’s like for the 860,000 #NJ residents on #SNAP. An egg already took $1.08 out of my $4.50 budget. http://t.co/vNtZxWoWof
Rep. Dan Kildee
Already making difficult choices between most nutritious meals & what’s on sale. Two items in cart. #SNAPchallenge http://t.co/KB9suaY1Ae
Rep. Barbara Lee
In a meeting this morning and surrounded by candy- definitely not on my menu for the #SNAPChallenge. http://t.co/MeN6rVZqiy
U.S. Rep. Mark Pocan
My first lunch on #SNAPChallenge: wheat bread, Boca burger w/ ketchup & half an orange. I have $4.50 of food for day http://t.co/w3vWxKFLae
My first meal of the day taking the #SNAPChallenge: scrambled eggs, milk, & a piece of white bread. http://t.co/IGX0CNvIuX
Rep. Marc Veasey
Started my morning with a plum for brkfst. #SNAPChallenge http://t.co/dgCHqiTWU4
19% of #MI residents on any given day aren’t sure they will be able to get enough to eat. Day 1 #snapchallenge http://t.co/vdLhmY9ilp
Rep. Joe Crowley
Moment of truth while checking out #snapchallenge http://t.co/739k9b0zma
In the checkout line on my #SNAPchallenge shopping trip. Had to make lots of tough food choices to spend just $31.50. http://t.co/z6msv2S8XC
Rep. Doris Matsui
Day 1 of #SNAPChallenge. Shopped for my groceries- very challenging. Couldnâ€™t afford fresh fruits or veggies http://t.co/CXjzDmrSDT
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- President Barack Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good 🛀