1. Hundreds of thousands of people protested against Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi Sunday, according to Al Jazeera English.
2. Morsi became Egypt’s first democratically elected president exactly a year ago Sunday, but people want him to step down.
3. Morsi’s critics say since he took office, the country has become more polarized between him and his Islamist allies pitted against seculars, liberals, moderate Muslims and Christians.
4. Protest organizers say more than 22 million people have signed their petition demanding Morsi step down.
5. This is what things looked like in Tahrir Square in Cairo.
7. Some protesters have been holding red cards that say “out.”
9. And many of them carry Egyptian flags.
16. Here a protester carries a flag with “leave” written on it in Arabic.
17. Morsi also has plenty of supporters. Here, supporters near a mosque in Nasr City rally for the president.
- At least 10 people, including the gunman, are dead after a shooting at a mall in Munich, Germany.