1. State officials in Arizona and New York announced they would reopen the Grand Canyon and Statue of Liberty, respectively, using state funds until the federal government shutdown ends.
3. Utah, Colorado and South Dakota have also announced they will reopen their national parks, including Mount Rushmore. Gov. Dennis Daugaard said it will cost $15,200 a day to pay the federal government to run the landmark in the Black Hills.
- Donald Trump accused former Miss Universe Alicia Machado of being in a sex tape, calling her "disgusting." He's appeared in a softcore porn.
- The hair vitamins promoted by the Kardashians make "largely inaccurate" nutrient claims, according to lab tests.
- In a newly released video deposition, Trump implied he planned to call Mexicans "rapists" when he announced his presidential run.