1. A high school English teacher in Texas died, gave birth, and came back to life — and today, both mom and baby are in good shape.
3. Her heart had stopped. Co-workers administered CPR and used a defibrillator to get it working again until paramedics arrived.
4. Nigrelli was hospitalized and her child was delivered by C-section. It was technically a post-mortem delivery because Nigrelli’s heart was not beating at the time.
5. Both Erica and her daughter, Elayna, lived through the procedures. Doctors discovered Erica had an undetected heart defect that caused the incident. She now has a pacemaker.
6. At present, Elayna is 3 months old, 9 pounds, and could be off oxygen as soon as this week.
Watch the video at KPRC 2.
- Donald Trump's campaign chief Stephen Bannon said "he doesn't like Jews," according to his ex-wife.
- Facebook shifts to algorithms to decide which stories to highlight in its trending news section after allegations of liberal bias at the company.
- Far-right protesters climbed Berlin's famous Brandenburg Gate to protest against refugees. About 1.1 million asylum-seekers arrived in Germany last year.