4. According to the site:
“[Mayor Hayden’s] desire was bring our town back to a Biblical foundation which our country was founded and built upon. His vision is that as a Town, as many as wanted to participate, would as a community read through the entire Bible in a year together. With much prayer going into this endeavor we are excited to launch this website as a connecting point to fulfill the Mayor’s vision.”
5. There are dozens of churches in Flower Mound, and most are Christian. There are, however, at least five houses of worship in the town which are not, according to NBC 5.
“He thinks this is about him and his opportunity to promote his faith in his role as mayor. But I think he needs to realize that I and the other people who voted him to office voted him in as mayor, not as Bishop of Flower Mound,” Dennis said.
8. Flower Mound has a population of more than 64,000 people, according to the 2010 Census, and is about 30 minutes northwest of Dallas.
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres has died at 93. He was the country's longest-serving politician and statesman.
- Monday night's first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was a horse show for undecided voters.
- The White House tried to stop Congress from publicly blaming Russia for election-related cyberattacks, BuzzFeed News has learned.