4. According to the site:
“[Mayor Hayden’s] desire was bring our town back to a Biblical foundation which our country was founded and built upon. His vision is that as a Town, as many as wanted to participate, would as a community read through the entire Bible in a year together. With much prayer going into this endeavor we are excited to launch this website as a connecting point to fulfill the Mayor’s vision.”
5. There are dozens of churches in Flower Mound, and most are Christian. There are, however, at least five houses of worship in the town which are not, according to NBC 5.
“He thinks this is about him and his opportunity to promote his faith in his role as mayor. But I think he needs to realize that I and the other people who voted him to office voted him in as mayor, not as Bishop of Flower Mound,” Dennis said.
8. Flower Mound has a population of more than 64,000 people, according to the 2010 Census, and is about 30 minutes northwest of Dallas.
- #Brexit fallout: Opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn says he will not step down after more than 10 cabinet members resigned on Sunday.
- Several people were stabbed during a white nationalist protest in Sacramento.
- Thousands flooded New York City's streets to celebrate Pride on Sunday. It was a colorful party of love and acceptance.