4. According to the site:
“[Mayor Hayden’s] desire was bring our town back to a Biblical foundation which our country was founded and built upon. His vision is that as a Town, as many as wanted to participate, would as a community read through the entire Bible in a year together. With much prayer going into this endeavor we are excited to launch this website as a connecting point to fulfill the Mayor’s vision.”
5. There are dozens of churches in Flower Mound, and most are Christian. There are, however, at least five houses of worship in the town which are not, according to NBC 5.
“He thinks this is about him and his opportunity to promote his faith in his role as mayor. But I think he needs to realize that I and the other people who voted him to office voted him in as mayor, not as Bishop of Flower Mound,” Dennis said.
8. Flower Mound has a population of more than 64,000 people, according to the 2010 Census, and is about 30 minutes northwest of Dallas.
- France's highest court has reversed the burkini ban imposed on a town near Nice, a human rights group lawyer said.
- Hillary Clinton came closer than ever to attacking Donald Trump's character and tied her opponent to the "alt-right" movement.
- Italy declared a state of emergency in the regions hardest hit by Wednesday's earthquake. At least 267 people have died and 400 others were injured.