4. According to the site:
“[Mayor Hayden’s] desire was bring our town back to a Biblical foundation which our country was founded and built upon. His vision is that as a Town, as many as wanted to participate, would as a community read through the entire Bible in a year together. With much prayer going into this endeavor we are excited to launch this website as a connecting point to fulfill the Mayor’s vision.”
5. There are dozens of churches in Flower Mound, and most are Christian. There are, however, at least five houses of worship in the town which are not, according to NBC 5.
“He thinks this is about him and his opportunity to promote his faith in his role as mayor. But I think he needs to realize that I and the other people who voted him to office voted him in as mayor, not as Bishop of Flower Mound,” Dennis said.
8. Flower Mound has a population of more than 64,000 people, according to the 2010 Census, and is about 30 minutes northwest of Dallas.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He believed two of the victims were Middle Eastern, however they were not.
- The substance used to assassinate the half-brother of North Korea's leader has been identified as VX nerve agent, a chemical listed as a weapon of mass destruction.
- Recreational marijuana needs "greater enforcement" of federal law, said Spicer, pitting the White House against eight states that legalized its use.