1. Students at Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Michigan, protested the removal of a pendulum Tuesday night.
2. The pendulum was removed earlier in the day for “safety reasons,” according to a university official. It had recently been used in Vines where male students rode it without wearing clothes like in Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball” music video.
3. On social media, students used the hashtag #ReinstallTheBall to show support.
Don’t you ever say I just walked away, I will always love you #ReinstallTheBall
“Thank you to all who attended my memorial service. I will be back! #reinstalltheball” ” pshh I’m in the background!
5. And some said they hope Miley Cyrus herself will come and help their cause.
Hey @MileyCyrus come to Grand Valley and help us sort out our Wrecking Ball situation. #ReInstallTheBall @GVWreckingBall
#reinstalltheball So what if a few people decided to ride it naked?
This #reinstalltheball the ball campaign at #GVSU is hilarious. #WreckingBall
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.
- At least four people were killed in a shooting at a Mexican music festival.
- The Russian government agrees with comments Donald Trump made on Sunday, saying that NATO is "obsolete."
- And BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.