1. Every state has at least 50% of its housing units owned with a mortgage.
The two states with the lowest percentage of housing unites owned with a mortgage are California with 55.9% and New York with 54.9%. The state with the highest percentage is West Virginia with 72.9%.
7. Among the 50 biggest counties, Maricopa (Arizona), Contra Costa (California), Fulton (Georgia), Broward (Florida), and Clark (Nevada) saw the biggest drops in homeownership rates.
- At least 29 people are dead and 166 hurt after explosions outside a stadium in Turkey, the country's interior minister said.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- People are in love with a dog who rides around in a decked out dog car spreading Christmas cheer to hospital patients 🐶🎄