1. The Smithsonian National Zoo re-opened to visitors Friday after being closed during the government shutdown.
2. The zoo was closed for nearly 3 weeks. It opened a day after most furloughed government workers returned to work.
4. The zoo is offering a ten percent discount on food and merchandise through Sunday.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.