1. Every year, Russians do this thing called Pancake Week.
2. It’s known as “Maslenitsa” in Russian.
3. It’s this thing where they eat lots of pancakes all week long.
4. And they can also throw them too.
5. Pancake week has roots as a pagan holiday celebrating the end of winter.
6. And in the Orthodox Church, it’s seen as a week of feasting before Lent.
7. They burn an effigy of “Lady Maslenitsa” because winter’s over, guys.
8. And they have pillow fights in the snow.
9. And pillow fights while sitting on a beam.
10. And they build snow forts.
11. And climb up poles for no reason.
12. And wear funny hats.
13. And makeup.
14. And then men run into each other sometimes.
15. Pancake week is a ball.
16. And pancakes are awesome.
17. Happy Pancake Week, y’all!
- One person died and more than 100 others were injured after a commuter train crashed into a New Jersey Transit station in Hoboken.
- Fans of Donald Trump say Bill Clinton's past indiscretions are fair game at the next debate.
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.