1. Every year, Russians do this thing called Pancake Week.
2. It’s known as “Maslenitsa” in Russian.
3. It’s this thing where they eat lots of pancakes all week long.
4. And they can also throw them too.
5. Pancake week has roots as a pagan holiday celebrating the end of winter.
6. And in the Orthodox Church, it’s seen as a week of feasting before Lent.
7. They burn an effigy of “Lady Maslenitsa” because winter’s over, guys.
8. And they have pillow fights in the snow.
9. And pillow fights while sitting on a beam.
10. And they build snow forts.
11. And climb up poles for no reason.
12. And wear funny hats.
13. And makeup.
14. And then men run into each other sometimes.
15. Pancake week is a ball.
16. And pancakes are awesome.
17. Happy Pancake Week, y’all!
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏