1. The 105 freeway in Los Angeles was shut down Thursday during rush hour for more than three hours because of negotiations with a man on a freeway overpass.
2. A spokesperson for the California Highway Patrol told BuzzFeed officers responded around 5:30 p.m. local time to reports a man threatened to jump from the overpass into traffic.
3. Traffic was backed up to the 605 three miles away.
4. People got out of their car during the closure, including one man, who took a selfie video.
6. Here’s an aerial view of a group shot.
8. The CHP spokesperson said the individual on the overpass was not injured and was detained by police. The 105 was reopened shortly after 9:15 p.m.
- Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany has for the first time said that she backs proposals for a partial ban on burqas.
- The Supreme Court threw out a $399 million judgment against Samsung over the iPhone's design.
- Grammy nominations are out. Beyoncé has earned 9, including Album of the Year. Drake, Rihanna, and Kanye West each got 8 nods 💿🎶