1. Lightning struck the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro Thursday, and broke off a finger from the statue’s right hand, Father Omar Raposo told Globo Radio.
2. The 125-foot statue is frequently hit by lightning. It was last renovated in 2010 for $4 million in repairs to a hand and its face.
3. The storm lasted 90 minutes, flooding streets and knocking out power for tens of thousands of residents.
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.