1. A first-edition “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” with some hand-written notes from J.K. Rowling was auctioned off for about $227,421 in London in May.
2. She wrote that Hufflepuff was almost a bear.
Her notes say:
“Changed my life forever.”
“No shield here - crest. I mean all that came in the later editions. This one’s a bit wonky but you get the idea.”
“Perhaps Hufflepuff house would have the respect it deserves from the fans if I’d stayed with my original idea of a bear to represent it?”
Her notes say:
“Harry Potter rolled over inside his blanket.”
Quidditch “was invented in a small hotel in Manchester after a row with my then boyfriend. I had been pondering the things that hold a society together, cause it to congregate and signify its particular character and knew I needed a sport. It infuriates men, in my experience (why is the Snitch so valuable etc), which is quite satisfying given my state of mind when I invented it.”
- Donald Trump on Sunday said that his comments about a problem in Sweden — were not about an event, but about a Fox News report 🇸🇪🙃
- Exactly 75 years ago today, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the executive order authorizing the internment of Japanese-Americans.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩