A Gallup poll released last week of how Democrats and Republicans feel about different industries shows Democrats and those who identify as leaning Democratic feel more positively about a number of industries than Republicans and those who identify as Republican leaners do.
Gallup noted, “No single reason explains all of these partisan differences. While some may reflect clear ideological differences between Republicans and Democrats, others may be a function of differences in the demographic make up of the two parties.”
1. The computer industry was Democrats’ favorite industry with 69% of respondents saying they felt positively about it.
2. Farming and agriculture was Republicans’ favorite with 66% of respondents saying they felt positively about it.
Democrats also feel more positively about the movie industry (48%) than Republicans do (32%).
When it comes to the oil and gas industry, 32% of Republicans responded with a positive rating while only 19% of Democrats did.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.