A Gallup poll released last week of how Democrats and Republicans feel about different industries shows Democrats and those who identify as leaning Democratic feel more positively about a number of industries than Republicans and those who identify as Republican leaners do.
Gallup noted, “No single reason explains all of these partisan differences. While some may reflect clear ideological differences between Republicans and Democrats, others may be a function of differences in the demographic make up of the two parties.”
1. The computer industry was Democrats’ favorite industry with 69% of respondents saying they felt positively about it.
2. Farming and agriculture was Republicans’ favorite with 66% of respondents saying they felt positively about it.
Democrats also feel more positively about the movie industry (48%) than Republicans do (32%).
When it comes to the oil and gas industry, 32% of Republicans responded with a positive rating while only 19% of Democrats did.
- The UK heads to the polls today, with a race for London mayor, a fight for the Scottish parliament, and council elections across England.
- Australian immigration emailed a British man who died on his honeymoon to say he'd overstayed his visa, his husband said.
- Alberta, Canada, has declared a provincial state of emergency over a massive fire near Fort McMurray. The area is under mandatory evacuation.