4. Frontier Middle School was placed in lockdown after the weapons were found in the boy’s backpack.
5. The school district posted a Facebook update that the school was in lockdown, angering some parents who were unaware of the situation until their children came home from school to tell them, according to KGW.
“As a parent, any incident that involves my children even in the vicinity of a weapon constitutes an emergency and I have the right to be informed,” parent Tara Nolan Monroe wrote on the district’s Facebook page. “Any parent who is involved in and concerned about their children would not want to learn of a situation like this after the fact, particularly from a public institution.”
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross under a river near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 33. "We're expecting the worst and hoping for the best," officials said Sunday.
- An anti-establishment wave has prompted Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi to resign after losing a constitutional referendum.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏