1. At a recent Netflix hackathon, one of the projects was a Netflix experience built for Oculus Rift, the virtual reality device and platform that Facebook bought this year.
2. You get to move your head to navigate around, which is pretty cool. And there’s the fact that you’d be able to watch an embarrassingly bad show without anyone knowing, or a really good one without anyone interrupting you.
3. But most importantly, there are hand gestures, so you get to look like a robot alien.
With one of those conference call machines that look really space station-y, for good measure!
They may never actually release the software, but, hey…
4. Have fun in the future!
- President Trump announced a new office for victims of "immigration crime" and honored the widow of a Navy SEAL in his first big speech.
- Authorities said voice-masking technology called "spoofing" was used to call in bomb threats to Jewish centers and schools around the US.
- Twitter will start relying on algorithms to identify and restrict accounts for engaging in "abusive behavior" today.
- Uber's CEO said he's "seeking leadership help" after dash-cam footage was published of him aggressively arguing with a company driver 😳