1. Caitlyn Jenner has made her first public appearance Monday on the cover of Vanity Fair.
According to her publicist, Jenner will use female pronouns from now on. The publicist also told BuzzFeed News there is no personal significance to the name Caitlyn.
2. Annie Leibovitz photographed Jenner in her Malibu home for the magazine’s July issue. Jenner was also interviewed by sports writer Buzz Bissinger for the cover story.
“If I was lying on my deathbed and I had kept this secret and never ever did anything about it, I would be lying there saying, ‘You just blew your entire life,’” Jenner told Bissinger.
4. She continues, “It’s not about the fanfare. It’s not about people cheering in the stadium. It’s not about me going in the street and everybody giving me a ‘thattaboy, Bruce’ pat on the back. This is about your life.”
5. “Bruce… always had to tell a lie,” Jenner says. “He was always living that. Every day, you always had a secret, from morning till night. Caitlyn doesn’t have any secrets. As soon as the Vanity Fair cover comes out, I’m free.”
6. When the Vanity Fair cover began circulating, Caitlyn Jenner’s official Twitter account launched. She tweeted the cover and her excitement for the world to meet Caitlyn.
7. And her stepdaughter, Khloe Kardashian, posted on Instagram how proud she is of Jenner.
8. Kim Kardashian tweeted her support, saying “Be happy, be proud, live life YOUR way!”
9. And her daughter Kendall also posted messages of support.
Kate Aurthur contributed to this report.
13. The July issue of Vanity Fair hits newsstands on June 9.
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀