1. Texas Gov. Rick Perry mentioned Sen. Wendy Davis’ history as a teenage mother in an address to the National Right to Life Convention Thursday.
Here’s a transcript of Gov. Perry’s remarks:
No life is trivial in God’s eyes. Who are we to say that children born into the worst of circumstances can’t grow to live successful lives? The woman who filibustered the Senate the other day was born into difficult circumstances. She was the daughter of a single woman. She was a teenage mother herself. She managed to eventually graduate from Harvard Law School and serve in the Texas Senate. It’s just unfortunate that she hasn’t learned from her own example that every life must be given a chance to realize its full potential and every life matters.
Perry also described Davis’ widely celebrated 13-hour filibuster on Tuesday as a “hijacking of the Democratic process.” Alluding to the newfound national support of Davis as a leader of the pro-choice movement, Perry said, “The louder they scream, the more we know that we are getting something done.”
3. Watch Perry’s controversial statement:
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Jay Z is set to hold a get out the vote concert for Hillary Clinton in Ohio aimed at mobilizing black voters.
- The UK government has backed a third runway at London's Heathrow Airport, saying it'll benefit the the country's economy ✈️
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏