1. On Thursday, a rainbow appeared over the Union Buildings, the government offices in South Africa’s capital, Pretoria, where Nelson Mandela’s body lies in state.
2. Thousands of mourners lined up for hours on the second day of the public viewing to say their final good-byes to the beloved former president.
3. As president of South Africa, Mandela often referred to his country as a “rainbow nation.”
4. Nelson Mandela’s inaugural address:
We enter into a covenant that we shall build the society in which all South Africans, both black and white, will be able to walk tall, without any fear in their hearts, assured of their inalienable right to human dignity — a rainbow nation at peace with itself and the world.
5. Mandela’s body will lie in state through Friday.
- Saturday is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total shitshow. Headliners dropped out and guests tweeted photos of bare-bones food and lodging 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- A teen had a remarkably petty response when her ex asked for his prom money back: She paid him in all pennies 😏