1. Pope Francis visited his predecessor, Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, on Monday to exchange Christmas greetings.
2. They talked together in the pope emeritus’ quarters in the Mater Ecclesiae monastery, a small community within the walls of the Vatican.
3. The two popes prayed together in one of the monastery’s modest chapels.
4. Merry Christmas, Papa Francesco and Papa Benedicto!
- At least 29 people are dead and 166 hurt after explosions outside a stadium in Turkey, the country's interior minister said.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- People are in love with a dog who rides around in a decked out dog car spreading Christmas cheer to hospital patients 🐶🎄