1. When his Egyptian bride was not given a permit to enter the Gaza Strip through the Egypt-Gaza border gate, Palestinian groom Emad al-Malalha, 21, was forced to find another way to bring 17-year-old Manal Abu Shanar to their wedding.
2. On the day of the wedding, Abu Shanar left her country through one of the many smuggling tunnels beneath the Gaza-Egypt border.
3. The young couple, who were engaged six months ago and have only communicated by telephone, made the 550-yard walk through the tunnel amid applause and cheers from their families.
5. Upon reaching the surface, they got in a waiting car and travelled to their wedding ceremony.
7. The newlyweds pose for a portrait.
8. Officials estimate that there are approximately 1,000 smuggling tunnels in the 8.7-mile border between Gaza and Egypt. They have been used to smuggle goods, weapons and people since 1982.
- H.R. McMaster was due to retire from the Army. Now he holds what could become one of the most powerful positions in Washington.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- Chris Brown was ordered to stay away from his ex-girlfriend after he allegedly threatened to shoot and kill her, court documents show.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞