1. On January 7th, an infant baby boy was rescued from the rubble of collapsed buildings after an airstrike on the Duma neighborhood of Damascus.
Activists claim forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad were responsible for the attack.
2. The baby, 27 day-old Rateb Malis, survived the attack and is now safe with his family, nearly a week after the attack.
3. The baby’s father, Abu Rateb Malis, and his two daughters also survived the airstrike and are now living with relatives.
- Today's the final day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- Plotters of Turkey's failed coup were unhappy with the government's attempt to make peace with Kurdish separatist rebels, a document obtained by BuzzFeed News shows.
- More than 29,000 people have signed a petition for British scientists to keep access to EU projects after Brexit.