2. Fortunately, the child — whose name is Marwan — was reunited with his parents after crossing over into Jordan.
3. The U.N. reports that more than 2.5 million Syrians have fled their homes since the outbreak of civil war in March 2011. Half of these refugees are children.
4. Update - Monday, Feb. 17, 2014 6:20 p.m. ET: Guardian journalist Shiv Malik confirmed the child was just a few steps away from his parents when the photo was taken.
- A judge has blocked Trump's order to deny funds to sanctuary cities that "refuse to comply" with immigration authorities.
- Former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn didn't properly disclose payments he received from Russia to the US government.
- The humanitarian crisis in Venezuela is so bad that people are walking over to Brazil to get the food and medicines they need.
- One year after Beyoncé released 'Lemonade,' she's set up a scholarship for women in college called the Formation Scholars 🍋