2. Fortunately, the child — whose name is Marwan — was reunited with his parents after crossing over into Jordan.
3. The U.N. reports that more than 2.5 million Syrians have fled their homes since the outbreak of civil war in March 2011. Half of these refugees are children.
4. Update - Monday, Feb. 17, 2014 6:20 p.m. ET: Guardian journalist Shiv Malik confirmed the child was just a few steps away from his parents when the photo was taken.
- At least 10 people, including the gunman, are dead after a shooting at a mall in Munich, Germany.
- Hillary Clinton has picked Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine as her running mate. He was considered a favorite for the ticket.
- Employees at a textile factory that made Trump shirts report dangerous, abusive conditions — harsh even for Honduras.