1. Thirty-four families were forced to evacuate their homes Wednesday after a huge landslide hit Whidbey Island, about 50 miles north of Seattle.
5. No injuries have been reported.
7. Officials estimate the landslide to be about a quarter-mile wide and a half-mile deep - much larger than the landslides that have hit this area in the past.
13. “There’s not anything we can do to stop the movement of the ground.”
- Donald Trump's home near Washington, DC has security cameras inside and out, monitored from New York, insiders say.
- DNA techniques from human criminal investigations are being used on black bears and can now reveal whether a bear is innocent.
- Explorers have discovered the world's deepest known underwater cave in the Czech Republic, with a depth of at least 1,325 feet.