8. He thinks Austin “sucks.”
7. He shares current Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s distrust of the federal government.
“[The NSA has] absolutely everything. They have all of the levers. They can follow you in real time… They’ve been tracking your purchases and your credit card activity, they’ve been capturing all of your phone conversations… They have your whole life.”
“Who knew, when you were watching the Verizon ad and the guy said, ‘Can you hear me now?’ … [The secret surveillance of America’s phone records are] a fundamental misuse of the massive power of the federal government. … These acts are something I would expect to see out of China but not out of the United States.”
6. He has his own blue jeans line. So very Texas.
5. His argument for slashing the debt is easy to explain.
3. He wants to build a $2 billion libertarian utopian community called, “Independence, USA.” How Texas is that?!
“[Beck] plans to create an entirely self-sustaining community called Independence Park that will provide its own food and energy, produce television and film content, host research and development, serve as a marketplace for products and ideas, while also housing a theme park and serving as a residential community.” — RightWingWatch
2. He flipped one of the biggest birds in history at the city of New York.
Beck decided to move the majority of his Mercury Studios operation out of the center of the media universe to the heart of Texas, something most Texans wouldn’t even dream of doing.
1. He’s already thought about it.
- Russia has been blocked from serving on the UN Human Rights Council in a surprising vote.
- A woman's 85-year-old grandpa was the flower girl at her wedding ❤️