Step 1: Have a cup of coffee and repeat these words:
Step 3: Put on your thinking cap.
Step 4: Don’t let the polls get you down.
Even in other countries.
And maybe you’ll steer clear of stuff like this.
Step 6: Do your best to engage the nation’s youth.
So equip yourself with the latest technology.
2. OK, maybe not.
Step 7: Keep your head in the game with some exercise.
But don’t go overboard.
On second thought, skip the gym.
3. Step 8: Listen to your constituents.
Step 9: Avoid distracting extracurricular activities.
Grab a disco nap instead. You’ll need it!
Step 10: Express yourself when you have the floor.
But don’t act like a clown.
And always know when to yield.
Step 11: Hire this kid. You’ll be glad you did when you fail miserably to pass meaningful legislation.
Good luck, and remember…
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.
- At least four people were killed in a shooting at a Mexican music festival.
- The Russian government agrees with comments Donald Trump made on Sunday, saying that NATO is "obsolete."
- And BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.