1. This is Jennifer Ramos, a 16-year-old who lives in Oklahoma, and her younger sisters Mariana, pictured far left, and Sarahy.
2. Last year, her family suffered an unimaginable tragedy when their grandfather, Florencio Jimenez (pictured here with Jennifer at her quinceañera), died of a stroke during a robbery at a car wash.
Two men were later arrested on robbery and murder charges.
“We’re used to having my grandpa around for the holidays,” Jennifer told BuzzFeed News. “It’s been really sad for us not having him.”
3. But, when the family gathered on Christmas Eve on Saturday night to open presents, the girls’ aunt Andrea had a special surprise in store….
5. Jennifer captured the heartwarming moment her sisters opened the bears and heard them talk.
The tweet has since been shared by thousands of people.
8. The bears contained audio messages cut from video clips the girls and their grandpa had filmed before his death, Jennifer explained. Each message was an “inside joke” for each girl, she explained, that ended with their grandfather’s hearty laugh.
“I think that’s what got them, his laugh at the end,” she said.
15. Honestly, no one was safe from the waterworks…
17. Jennifer said her sisters will never forget their grandpa’s voice and can now listen to him whenever they need some cheering up.
“They both thought it was just a teddy bear, but it was a bit more special than that,” Jennifer said.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure 1st-time marchers stick around ✊
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- The Atlanta Falcons are off to the Super Bowl for the 2nd time after defeating the Green Bay Packers 🏈