4. “She’s never really had any friends,” Matt said. “No one has ever really come over to play. She’s just kind of played with her brother and sister’s friends.”
7. “Jenny was hoping to get 10 girls to show up and all of a sudden this happened,” Matt Moretter said. “We had hundreds of people arrive on Saturday.”
8. They’d even put up a big banner in her honor.
9. The birthday girl made a bunch of new pals.
10. She made big friends…
11. And small friends.
13. Local companies donated a ton of delicious food.
14. She even had a Frozen-themed birthday cake.
16. Shakopee Mayor Brad Tabke even issed a proclamation declaring Saturday “Mackenzie Moretter Day.”
17. “It was amazing,” Matt told BuzzFeed News. “There were so many people who had similar stories to ours that we got to meet.”
18. “I’m overwhelmed with emotions,” mom Jenny wrote on Facebook. “My heart has been touched by so many stories similar to mine or just people wishing her a Happy Birthday.”
“I will never be able to thank you all enough for your kindness,” she wrote. “I will not remember all your names or I may forget what was said or done but just know I am so incredibly grateful and blessed that you cared about my daughter.”
19. Happy birthday, Mackenzie!
- The US Department of Justice will keep defending Muslims under Donald Trump, top Obama administration officials said Monday.
- At least 36 people died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Prosecutors say murder charges are possible.
- Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter, and YouTube are teaming up to target and remove terrorist content on their platforms 💻📌
- Nordstrom is selling a stone wrapped in a leather case for $85 and people are…confused ⁉️😂