According to their website, 350 Action “works to empower a dynamic activist movement in the United States to fight for the solutions to the climate crisis that science and justice demand.”
Here’s their press note for this video:
Since 1954, the World Meteorological Organization has been naming extreme storms after people. But we propose a new naming system. One that names extreme storms caused by climate change, after the policy makers who deny climate change and obstruct climate policy.
Their ad agency, Barton F. Graf 9000, LLC (BFG), New York City, has done a nice job of creating fake weather reports on the fictitious lawmaker-named storms.
Some funny soundbites:
• “Marco Rubio threatens everything in his path…”
• “If you value your life, please seek shelter from Michelle Bachmann.”
• “David Vitter is literally lifting boats out of the water and tossing them onto land.”
• “Thousands of animals have been displaced or killed by Governor Rick Perry.”
BFG has set up a website, climatenamechange.org, where you can sign a petition urging the World Meteorological Organization to change their storm-naming policy.
The site also invites you to log in via Facebook “to see which of your friends are unfortunate enough to share a name with a hurricane or tropical storm.”
The group’s goal is 25,000 signatures. As of now, they only have 114.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have now clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘