1. Two giraffes were being transported in Johannesburg on Thursday when one hit its head on a highway overpass, according to reports.
The local Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals confirmed the giraffe had been killed. “All we can ascertain at this stage is severe head trauma,” SPCA’s Rick Allan told Eyewitness News. “We are continuing our investigation with the view to possibly lay criminal charges against those responsible.”
2. Before the incident, drivers took photos of the two animals standing in the truck on the highway:
3. The second giraffe was reportedly taken to a veterinary clinic.
6. The whole story oddly resembles this Hangover Part III scene:
- Golf legend Arnold Palmer has died at 87. Known as "The King," his unusual style and charisma changed the game.
- Monday night's presidential debate may be the last hope for environmental activists who want climate in the national conversation.
- US officials have determined al-Qaeda likely influenced suspected New York City bomber Ahmad Khan Rahami.