1. Unusual amounts of rain hit Nevada this week, putting much of the state under a flash-flood warning on Monday, the Associated Press reported. A video from southern Nevada shows the power of flash flooding to sweep up anything in its path.
The two cars in the video were trapped in a muddy median when floodwaters overtook them. Fortunately, a group of passing Air Force personnel arrived on the scene and rescued an elderly woman who was trapped in one of the vehicles.
No injuries were reported.
2. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles, the National Weather Service warned.
According to the weather service, just a foot of flowing water can sweep vehicles off roadways. Officials warned drivers to stay away from flooded roads, where water is usually deeper than it appears.
4. Watch the full video here.
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- President Barack Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good🛀