The MIT Media Lab’s Tangible Media Group recently unveiled inFORM, its dynamic shape display, which, besides being the coolest tech invention we’ve seen in months, also allows you to interact with real objects by reaching through your screen.
Here’s how they describe it:
Dynamic Shape Display that can render 3D content physically, so users can interact with digital information in a tangible way. inFORM can also interact with the physical world around it, for example moving objects on the table’s surface. Remote participants in a video conference can be displayed physically, allowing for a strong sense of presence and the ability to interact physically at a distance.
3. Did we mention it’s mind-blowing? Because it is.
- The death toll has risen to 36 in the Oakland warehouse party fire. Officials say they are no where close to finding a cause for the fire.
- Donald Trump has picked retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson to be his secretary of housing and urban development.
- Jill Stein has filed a federal lawsuit in Pennsylvania for statewide recount of the 2016 election, after she withdrew a request in state court.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏