Update 12/14/13: The New York Times confirmed late Friday that it has completed its acquisition of Boston Dynamics, the company behind the robots below.
2. This is Petman, DARPA’s already terrifying, walking robot. But it’s about to be replaced…
3. By this terrible machine-beast, Atlas. Atlas is 6 feet tall, has 28 hydraulic joints, articulated hands and feet, and an unflinching desire to see the machines rise again.
4. Here it is pretending to conduct a symphony…a symphony of human suffering.
5. This is what Atlas looks like as it chases you through the nightmarish halls of your mind.
6. Normally, we’d suggest you head to higher ground, but that’s no use…
7. Its gymnast-like balance means you can’t knock it over.
8. What about tripping it? Sure, go ahead and try to trip it. That should wor—Nope.
9. The machines are here.
10. Stay vigilant.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.