4. This weekend, photographer Dave Bledsoe stumbled open this sad spot, where tens, if not hundreds of pay phones have been unceremoniously discarded next to pools of stagnant trash water.
Underneath the elevated West Side Highway at 135th and 12th Avenue I found this telephone graveyard. At least a one hundred old, battered pay phones were locked behind a fence near the Park’s Department building. I almost took these on my iPhone, but my irony levels are dangerously low these days.
13. Check out more of Bledsoe’s photos on his excellent Flickr page.
- Refugee families are being torn apart by British bureaucracy. Processing delays and bureaucratic barriers are separating families by thousands of miles.
- After announcing he had raised $5.6 million for veterans organizations, Donald Trump blasted reporters for asking critical questions about the money.
- In a spree of gun violence across Chicago, at least 68 people were injured — six of whom died — by Monday night of Memorial Day weekend.