4. This weekend, photographer Dave Bledsoe stumbled open this sad spot, where tens, if not hundreds of pay phones have been unceremoniously discarded next to pools of stagnant trash water.
Underneath the elevated West Side Highway at 135th and 12th Avenue I found this telephone graveyard. At least a one hundred old, battered pay phones were locked behind a fence near the Park’s Department building. I almost took these on my iPhone, but my irony levels are dangerously low these days.
13. Check out more of Bledsoe’s photos on his excellent Flickr page.
- Hillary Clinton came closer than ever to attacking Donald Trump's character and tied her opponent to the "alt-right" movement.
- Italy declared a state of emergency in the regions hardest hit by Wednesday's earthquake. At least 267 people have died and 400 others were injured.
- And we asked tourists and locals in Nice, France, what the burkini ban means to them.