1. On the anniversary of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp’s death, South African sprinter Oscar Pistorius has broken a long, public silence.
2. Pistorius tweeted for the first time in year to share a few words he wrote about Reeva Steenkamp.
3. Here is Pistorious’ full message:
No words can adequately capture my feelings about the devastating accident that has caused such heartache for everyone who truly loved - and continues to love Reeva.
The pain and sadness – especially for Reeva’s parents, family and friends consumes me with sorrow.
The loss of Reeva and the complete trauma of that day, I will carry with me for the rest of my life.
In a statement released through the family’s lawyer, Steenkamp’s parents June and Barry have said, “All we are looking for is closure and to know that our daughter did not suffer on that tragic Valentine’s day.”
- The public's mistrust of Trump might be especially dangerous in a catastrophe rooted in science — like an asteroid or the next Ebola.
- Thousands of people hit the streets on Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.