1. On the anniversary of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp’s death, South African sprinter Oscar Pistorius has broken a long, public silence.
2. Pistorius tweeted for the first time in year to share a few words he wrote about Reeva Steenkamp.
3. Here is Pistorious’ full message:
No words can adequately capture my feelings about the devastating accident that has caused such heartache for everyone who truly loved - and continues to love Reeva.
The pain and sadness – especially for Reeva’s parents, family and friends consumes me with sorrow.
The loss of Reeva and the complete trauma of that day, I will carry with me for the rest of my life.
In a statement released through the family’s lawyer, Steenkamp’s parents June and Barry have said, “All we are looking for is closure and to know that our daughter did not suffer on that tragic Valentine’s day.”
- It's Day 2 of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. Here's what you need to know🇺🇸
- Three Qaddafi henchmen who are wanted for embezzling millions from Libya have been found living comfortably in Britain.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a church attack that killed a priest in northern France on Tuesday.