1. Nancy tried really hard to hang this ornament…
… and it only took her three tries!
5. Rep. Wasserman Schultz threw some water onto the porch while wearing a Boston T-shirt.
7. Sen. Chuck Schumer ate cookies that were shaped like his home state.
And shoveled out his fire hydrant.
(A Schumer family Christmas tradition)
8. Boehner read his Christmas mail in front of a crackling fire.
9. Rep. Darrell Issa tweeted a picture of this cute cat, duh.
10. Rep. Kevin McCarthy hung out with his dog, who has laser eyes.
12. Gov. Chris Christie trolled himself while reading “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas.”
14. Rep. Kevin Yoder posed with a constituent wearing a massive Christmas sweater.
15. Sen. Rand Paul trolled the NSA.
18. Claire McCaskill showed us how badass her kitchen is.
And Claire totally knew how to celebrate New Years.
A beautiful sunset at the Lake to welcome 2014. Happy New Year to all!
20. Rep. Beto O’Rourke grew a beard thing and wore a patriotic hat and his daughter.
21. Rep. Shaun Duffy had a very public green room experience.
- The Russian government agrees with Donald Trump's comments that NATO is "obsolete," which the president-elect made during an interview published Sunday.
- BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.
- Eight billionaires — all men — together own as much wealth as the world's poorest 3.7 billion people, a new report has revealed.
- There's a new HBO show called "The Young Pope" and the internet is having fun with it.