1. Meet North Carolina Senator Richard Burr.
2. He is kinda famous for driving around a VW Thing on the Hill.
Burr has owned the car for 22 years.
3. You can see the beautiful creature sitting outside the Senate office building any given day.
6. But have you ever taken a good look inside?
7. The senator is very prepared.
8. The key just sits in the ignition next to some wires.
9. A lei, aerosol can, a tiger tail and some old parking tickets decorate the passenger side.
10. The windshield is a bit cracked.
11. But there is still a rearview mirror.
12. In the front floor there is a diverse collection of leaves.
14. The senator sits on a towel when he drives.
The passenger seat is camouflaged.
15. The back seat may have a few holes in the upholstery. Also some leaves.
16. There is some legislation on the floor in the back.
19. Lil paint chipping.
22. BuzzFeed has made multiple requests to Burr’s office to drive around in the car with him, but has not received a response.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.