1. Meet North Carolina Senator Richard Burr.
2. He is kinda famous for driving around a VW Thing on the Hill.
Burr has owned the car for 22 years.
3. You can see the beautiful creature sitting outside the Senate office building any given day.
6. But have you ever taken a good look inside?
7. The senator is very prepared.
8. The key just sits in the ignition next to some wires.
9. A lei, aerosol can, a tiger tail and some old parking tickets decorate the passenger side.
10. The windshield is a bit cracked.
11. But there is still a rearview mirror.
12. In the front floor there is a diverse collection of leaves.
14. The senator sits on a towel when he drives.
The passenger seat is camouflaged.
15. The back seat may have a few holes in the upholstery. Also some leaves.
16. There is some legislation on the floor in the back.
19. Lil paint chipping.
22. BuzzFeed has made multiple requests to Burr’s office to drive around in the car with him, but has not received a response.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.