But Carney deserves some credit for when he did directly answer questions.
2. When he made it crystal-clear that the President was “aware.”
MR. CARNEY: I’m going to refer you to the State Department on that. I don’t have anything on that.
Q Even on whether or not this has risen to the level of the White House?
MR. CARNEY: No, we’re aware of it, but I’d refer you to State on that.
Q So when you say “we’re aware,” is the President aware?
MR. CARNEY: Yes.
3. When he assured the press that he and Obama loves them.
Q Does the President have concerns about his relationship with the press?
MR. CARNEY: No. I think he feels that he has a very good relationship with the press and that you guys do important work. And — no, not at all.
1/2. When Jay Carney defined his use of the term ‘slash’.
MR.CARNEY: And the President is interested in strengthening Social Security for the long term in ways that preserve the promise of the program and don’t slash benefits.
Q: What does ‘slash’ mean?
MR.CARNEY: Haven’t you got, like, a dictionary app on your iPhone?
Q: Well, it’s a word that you use instead of ‘cut.’
MR.CARNEY: ‘Slash’ is, I think, quite clear. It’s slash. It’s like that. It’s a significant whack. I’m not going to put a numerical figure on it.
Q: So it means a significant cut.
MR.CARNEY: It’s slash. And I don’t mean the guitarist.
- More than two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade on Saturday, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. Yesterday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, who fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱