We are a generation winding down from a decade of war.
Here are some nice ways to welcome them home or just say thank you.
1. Look them in the eye and give them a firm handshake.
2. If they prefer not to shake hands…
…then a chest bump will do.
Just make sure you do duckface afterward so they can laugh at you.
3. Admire their medals. They were hard-earned.
They have been through more than you could imagine.
Laughter is a medicine that works 102% of the time.
6. Sometimes it’s important that you treat a soldier the way you would treat anyone else.
7. If you know a soldier, call them on the 4th of July.
It will make their day!
8. Or you can Skype them.
Listening is often the best gift you can give someone.
Soldiers love getting hugged because most of them are big softies deep down.
12. Do a sport with them.
Soldiers love being active.
President Bush golfs with wounded veterans at the Warrior Open tournament.
13. Make sure you are respectful.
14. Cook them a big-ass dinner if you can. Lots of meat.
15. But if you only have a minute, look them square in the eye…
And say, “Thank you.”
We promise you they will appreciate it.
Happy 4th of July!
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 29.
- Trump accused Barack Obama of organizing recent protests against him and leaking information from the White House to the press.
- Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight."
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝