1. So it was just a normal weekend for Senator Claire McCaskill and her 100,000 Twitter followers.
2. Then she decided to let the world know about her son’s birthday! Awww.
3. And then this pig carcass appeared.
4. Then this:
6. Just a little upset.
@clairecmc All due respect Senator, that’s extremely upsetting for some people to see. Maybe a warning: dead animal next time?/ Via
@clairecmc um, Senator, that’s pretty gross./ Via
.@clairecmc Yep, that’s what happens when drop your apple, it rolls away, and your faithful pet pig dashes into traffic to bring it back./ Via
9. The senator kind of apologized….(?)
Goodness gracious. So sorry I offended so many vegans. In Missouri we raise pigs and cattle and chickens to eat them./ Via
11. And the media says:
@clairecmc it’s all good, vegans like being offended/ Via
12. And some were offended for different reasons:
@clairecmc I found it extremely offensive that you did not invite me to eat that pig/ Via
13. In the end, Senator McCaskill should have learned from her other Twitter-famous colleague that tweeting about dead animals is somewhat controversial:
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- At least 59 people were killed in an overnight militant attack at a police center in Quetta, Pakistani officials say.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏