This post has been corrected to remove phrasing that was copied from the Associated Press. While there are two bylines on this post, the issue is limited to the content added by Benny Johnson.
BuzzFeed takes its responsibility to readers very seriously, and plagiarism is a major breach of that responsibility. Please read our apology to readers here.
2. President Obama has had a no good, rotten week so far.
3. It all started when the IRS was found to be unfairly singling out certain groups for review.
4. Groups with “Tea-Party”, “Patriot” and “9/12” in their names were being targeted and vetted with far more scrutiny than others.
5. Singling out groups because of their political orientation is not allowed.
9. Congress and Britney both say:
10. In the wake of this report, two Billy Graham organizations and one pro-Israel group have claimed that they were also unfairly targeted.
11. This IRS targeting has drawn bi-partisan outrage.
16. But if you think thats the end of it take a seat.
17. On Monday, the Associated Press discovered that the Department of Justice had obtained two months of private telephone records of AP reporters and editors.
19. And the collective media world said:
20. In a press conference Tuesday, Attorney General Eric Holder justified the seizure as part of a DOJ investigation into information that was leaked to the AP about a foiled terror plot.
Holder said: “trying to determine who was responsible for that, I think, required very aggressive action.”
21. But this DOJ seizure also drew widespread bi-partisan condemnation.
22. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said the actions were “inexcusable.. All I know is it’s wrong.”
23. But that’s not all!
24. Both of the above scandals come just a week after a woeful hearing on the administrations culpability in the Benghazi terror attacks.
25. Political journalists right now are just like:
26. Obama has said that the targeting of conservative groups by the IRS was ‘intolerable and inexcusable.’
27. But the White House is staying far away from the AP scandal.
Press Secretary Jay Carney said: “We are not involved in decisions made in connection with criminal investigations, as those matters are handled independently by the Justice Department.”
28. Administration policy:
29. Hill sources tell BuzzFeed that we can expect “months of congressional hearings on these matters.”
30. And all of DC says:
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎