1. This is Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. His granddaughter’s name is Ryan Elisabeth Reid.
3. Why is this relevant? Because Reid’s campaign spent nearly $17,000 on Ryan Elisabeth jewelry using campaign funds in October 2013, without disclosing that “Ryan Elisabeth” was Reid’s granddaughter.
Reporter Jon Ralston first reported the connection. Reid said the jewelry was used for Christmas gifts for staffers and supporters.
5. If you don’t work for Harry Reid but want some of his granddaughter’s jewelry, you’re probably out of luck. Her site has been taken down.
At press time, Reid’s Senate office had not responded to a request for comment.
- An American-Israeli teen has been arrested in Israel for bomb threats to Jewish community centers in the US, says the FBI.
- Republicans worked into the morning trying to finalize a deal that would allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- Democrats will try to filibuster Trump's Supreme Court pick, Judge Neil Gorsuch, setting the stage for Republicans to possibly eliminate the filibuster altogether.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.