But there are a few things that make this game a bit different from your regular baseball game.
1. Like, the moment you walk in you realize this is not normal.
“Oh, I get it. Because of Louisiana?”
Every staffer is wearing some themed shirt in honor of their boss.
“Take me out to the Paul game.”
3. Most baseball games do not have the National Jewish Democratic Council attempting to give out free tickets by the gate.
4. And once you’re in the door you get ‘Go Democrats’ or ‘Go Republicans’ seat cushions.
GOP staffer: “They told me they were all out of Republican ones!”
5. There are red and blue Mustangs for partisans to take photos with.
6. How many baseball games do you know where NASA shows up and inflates their rocket?
At least our space program still has #SWAG.
7. The Koch funded Generation Opportunity had an open bar…
… and this DNC staffer asked them: “You guys are giving away free beer? Sweet man.”
Don’t worry, they went.
And thirsty staffers stood in lines 20 deep to get their hands on one of these bad boys.
8. Some of them even double fisted the light beer for maximum effect.
9. Was Mitt Romney right about everything? Apparently.
Which includes just a gigantic plate of bacon from Iowa.
11. Here is how the stadium is split up:
And staffers pack the stands with alarmingly wonky political signs.
12. “SCALESE CAN APPARENTLY WHIP STAFFERS INTO THE STANDS.”
“Hey, down in front!”
13. But don’t worry! There are cops in the dugout protecting the congressmen from their staff.
Some Congressmen just cannot win tho:
14. Staffers wear hats like this:
Like the bedazzled jeans and tie dye shirt that Congresswoman Renee Elmers wears.
17. Some staffers definitely do drink too much:
18. And when it starts raining, the golden umbrellas come out.
In the end, Dems crushed the GOP again:
19. But Senator Jeff Flake was still happy wandering around after the game with his cleats
Because hey, $$$$$ for charity:
See ya next year!
- Several people were stabbed during a white nationalist protest in Sacramento.
- Thousands flooded New York City's streets to celebrate Pride on Sunday. It was a colorful party of love and acceptance.
- Brexit fallout turns into political chaos in Britain: More than 10 opposition party members resigned in an effort to force Jeremy Corbyn to quit.