2. Friday, November 1, is Issa’s birthday. Many of his followers are sending their good wishes. But some of them are taking it a step further.
Happy Birthday to a “dangerously sexy creature” @darrellissa. #viperon #fastandfurious
3. An alarming number of people have been tweeting pictures of cats at him.
Gang of No Suit
We made our own #FridayKitty for @DarrellIssa’s birthday!
4. Some people just shared pictures of their own cats.
Happy birthday @DarrellIssa Here is my cat.
@DarrellIssa Lupe wants to wish you “Happy Birthday!”
Bingo & Alf wish @DarrellIssa a very happy birthday!!!
@DarrellIssa Happy birthday! Hereâ€™s a Friday kitty. Keep up the good work!
9. Some were customized.
Peep, whose birthday was yesterday, wishes @DarrellIssa a very happy birthday! #FridayKitty
10. Some people took it up a notch.
#Friday Kitty @DarrellIssa Happy Birthday
11. Some people got emotional.
Best FRIENDS forever @DarrellIssa #FridayKitty
12. Some people made a political statement out of it.
@DarrellIssa @MicheleBachmann :Please don’t cancel my Healthcare & force me into Obamacare.
13. Other members of Congress joined in.
Happy Birthday @DarrellIssa! Since itâ€™s Friday, this calls for a special #FridayKitty
14. And of course, some people just trolled him because it was his birthday.
Via @bluffcityjk, “Bandghazi’s” debut album, “Fast and Furious”, with firebug @DarrellIssa on the cover
@DarrellIssa I know we’ve had our differences, but since it’s your birthday, I say take some laxatives and #poop on the #bus all you want!
16. Here is how Issa’s office responded to all of this:
It’s #FridayKitty!!!!!!!! Thx so much for wonderful bday wishes. In honor of today I give you birthday kitty >>
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 90 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- US officials didn't know drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán was being extradited from Mexico to the United States until the day it happened.