Sen. Chuck Grassley recently told BuzzFeed the stories behind some of his most famous tweets.
1. On October 26th, 2012 Senator Grassley tweeted this:
“So [the Prius] was making all of this noise. So I get out.”
“The front fender is rubbing on the tire. So I pulled the fender up off the tire so we could get home.”
2. On Apr 10, 2009 Senator Grassley tweeted this:
“When you have trees along the fence line you have to cut that out or it can interfere with the machinery. So I was doing that and I was burning it.”
“And I wasn’t careful enough, and I had some grass that was nearby and the fire caught, kind of got away from me.”
“And as I was fighting it, my pants caught on fire.”
“You know, when you’ve got two layers of clothes on in the winter time, it can burn a hole in there before you actually feel the heat, see? So I did actually get a wound out of it.”
“[My neighbor] saw that I was in trouble, and he brought a pail of water… and a couple of gunny sacks along so we could wet the gunny sacks and whip the fire out. So he helped me get rid of it.”
“I was in big trouble, because it could burn hundreds of acres.”
“I doctored [the wound] myself, but it wasn’t really well doctored. And after three or four days, I ran into a doctor at a town meeting, and he said you need to get that taken care of, and he gave me a prescription and pretty soon it healed.”
3. On December 3rd the Pope joined Twitter. Grassley tweeted this:
The Pope got 370,000 followers in 24 hours.
Did the Pope ever respond to Grassley’s nice message? “No he didn’t.”
4. And now Grassley says this to Twitter:
And twitter says:
- DNC Day 2: Bill Clinton took the crowd down memory lane, and then Hillary broke through a virtual glass ceiling 💥
- An Australian teen who was subjected to detention abuse has written a letter thanking the public for its support.
- 🍎📉: Apple's business is declining due to slowing iPhone sales, but the company is still making a ton of money.