To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Federal Reserve, we’re reposting this look at a century of diversity and inclusion in the leadership of America’s central bank. (12/23/2013)
2. Wednesday, Obama will nominate Janet Yellen to be chair of the Federal Reserve. This is the first time a woman has been nominated for the job.
9. Marriner S. Eccles had a pointy suit.
Nov.15, 1934–Jan. 31, 1948
10. Thomas B. McCabe wore a pin.
April 15, 1948–March 31, 1951
13. G. William Miller had a paisley tie.
March 8, 1978–Aug. 6, 1979
16. Ben Bernanke had a beard.
Feb. 1, 2006–Present
- A newly unearthed Homeland Security report contradicts Donald Trump's travel ban, saying country of origin is not a reliable indicator of terrorism.
- The White House blocked several media outlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by press secretary Sean Spicer.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀