To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Federal Reserve, we’re reposting this look at a century of diversity and inclusion in the leadership of America’s central bank. (12/23/2013)
2. Wednesday, Obama will nominate Janet Yellen to be chair of the Federal Reserve. This is the first time a woman has been nominated for the job.
9. Marriner S. Eccles had a pointy suit.
Nov.15, 1934–Jan. 31, 1948
10. Thomas B. McCabe wore a pin.
April 15, 1948–March 31, 1951
13. G. William Miller had a paisley tie.
March 8, 1978–Aug. 6, 1979
16. Ben Bernanke had a beard.
Feb. 1, 2006–Present
- DNC Day 1 is done: Bernie Sanders said Hillary Clinton "must become the next president," and Michelle Obama brought down the house 🏠 🇺🇸
- At least 19 people died and 20 others were injured in a knife attack at a facility for the disabled near Tokyo, Japan.
- The Solar Impulse 2 completed the first round-the-world solar-powered flight after landing in Abu Dhabi ☀️