To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Federal Reserve, we’re reposting this look at a century of diversity and inclusion in the leadership of America’s central bank. (12/23/2013)
2. Wednesday, Obama will nominate Janet Yellen to be chair of the Federal Reserve. This is the first time a woman has been nominated for the job.
9. Marriner S. Eccles had a pointy suit.
Nov.15, 1934–Jan. 31, 1948
10. Thomas B. McCabe wore a pin.
April 15, 1948–March 31, 1951
13. G. William Miller had a paisley tie.
March 8, 1978–Aug. 6, 1979
16. Ben Bernanke had a beard.
Feb. 1, 2006–Present
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏