To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Federal Reserve, we’re reposting this look at a century of diversity and inclusion in the leadership of America’s central bank. (12/23/2013)
2. Wednesday, Obama will nominate Janet Yellen to be chair of the Federal Reserve. This is the first time a woman has been nominated for the job.
9. Marriner S. Eccles had a pointy suit.
Nov.15, 1934–Jan. 31, 1948
10. Thomas B. McCabe wore a pin.
April 15, 1948–March 31, 1951
13. G. William Miller had a paisley tie.
March 8, 1978–Aug. 6, 1979
16. Ben Bernanke had a beard.
Feb. 1, 2006–Present
- At least 28 people have died in a suicide bombing attack on Istanbul's international airport, Turkish officials said.
- Speaking on Tuesday, German leader Angela Merkel said the UK can't expect to keep privileges once it leaves the EU.
- House Republicans have released an 800-page report on the 2012 Benghazi attacks that killed 4 Americans.