1. Anthony Weiner’s first day on the campaign stump for New York City Mayor was pure chaos.
2. At 7:45 AM at a Harlem subway entrance.
3. Wherever Weiner was almost immediately swarmed by media.
4. The press was so tightly packed that they could hardly get photos of the controversial candidate.
6. He even got a bro hug out of it.
7. “I could use your help” he told kids on their way to school.
8. He also might have yelled at some kids.
9. But the visit was annoying for commuters who had to deal with the huge crowd.
10. A cop even asked Weiner to move away from the subway entrance so people could get to work.
11. Weiner also hired a guy to hold a sign behind him everywhere he went.
12. “Great job sign guy!”
13. Weiner judged the press for asking about his scandal. A lot.
14. *still judging
15. But some residents made fun of the scandal, “Instead of a hug, I really wanted a text!” reports Polititicker.
16. Weiner then got on the subway himself, doing this Abbey Road thing.
17. You can bet the press followed him.
19. They made it hard to talk to a constituent on the subway. Not that anyone on the New York subway wants to talk to you.
21. And everyone in the media says: “Welcome back!”
- The World Health Organization says there is "no public health justification" for postponing or moving the Rio Olympics because of Zika virus.
- Never mind the $10 million: Donald Trump now says he won't debate "second place finisher" Bernie Sanders.
- No, France has not banned people from sending work emails after hours – no matter how much we all want to believe it 🇫🇷 ✉️