1. Honor Flight is an organization that pays for and coordinates the visits of World War II veterans to the memorial built in their honor in Washington, D.C.
2. The Honor Flight from Texas last week was one of the largest ever with 60 WWII veterans on it.
9. …and what the veterans didn’t know was that there would be 200 cheering people waiting for them on the other side of the jetway…
All photos by Benny Johnson.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes.
- At a rally in NYC, trans New Yorkers asked for support from the broader LGBT community — something they haven't always gotten.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎