1. A holy month
H.J.Res. 3: Designating September as “Gospel Music Heritage Month” and honoring gospel music for its valuable and longstanding contributions to the culture of the United States. Can I get a witness? Or a vote?
15. A determination on whether or not Filipinos helped the U.S. in World War II
H.R. 110: To require the Secretary of the Army to determine the validity of the claims of certain Filipinos that they performed military service on behalf of the United States during World War II.
16. Jobs on the ocean
H.R. 70: To direct the Secretary of Interior and the Secretary of Commerce, acting through the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, to initiate immediate action to create jobs in America, and for other purposes. Pull your weight around here!
17. A jaywalking database
H.R. 74: To provide for the collection of data on traffic stops, and for other purposes.
18. An abolishment of the IRS
H.R. 25: To promote freedom, fairness, and economic opportunity by repealing the income tax and other taxes, abolishing the Internal Revenue Service, and enacting a national sales tax to be administered primarily by the States. Scary? Cool? Scary-cool?
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏