1. Happy Meals
Or more specifically, toys in Happy Meals. But, what kind of Happy Meal doesn’t include a toy?
2. Plastic Bags
Plastic bags are currently not allowed at large chain supermarkets and drug stores, but they are considering expanding the ban to all stores.
3. Bottled Water
City money cannot be used to purchase bottled water and it cannot be sold from vending machines on city property.
Tobacco cigarettes are not allowed to be smoked in buildings, and clove cigarettes are not permitted to be sold in the city at all.
5. Baby Animals
It’s illegal to sell baby chickens, ducks, and rabbits in San Francisco.
Segways are not allowed on sidewalks or bike paths because the mayor of San Francisco thought they promoted laziness.
Soda and juice drinks with no real fruit juice cannot be sold from vending machines on city property.
As a protest to the state’s strict immigration policies, city employees (except for police officers investigating a crime) are not allowed to travel to Arizona.
9. Firearms In Advertisements
Advertisements in San Francisco cannot “promote the use of firearms or advocate any violent action.” The poster for The Other Guy had all the weapons removed just for San Francisco’s Muni system last summer.
In order to curb aggressive panhandling, San Francisco outlawed sitting on the street between the hours of 7am and 11pm.
- Fyre Festival — organized by Ja Rule and billed as a luxury event — has turned into a total shitshow and people are livid 💸😱
- We found about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- Arkansas executed Kenneth Williams Thursday night — just days before one of the state's execution drugs expires.
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.