1. Happy Meals
Or more specifically, toys in Happy Meals. But, what kind of Happy Meal doesn’t include a toy?
2. Plastic Bags
Plastic bags are currently not allowed at large chain supermarkets and drug stores, but they are considering expanding the ban to all stores.
3. Bottled Water
City money cannot be used to purchase bottled water and it cannot be sold from vending machines on city property.
Tobacco cigarettes are not allowed to be smoked in buildings, and clove cigarettes are not permitted to be sold in the city at all.
5. Baby Animals
It’s illegal to sell baby chickens, ducks, and rabbits in San Francisco.
Segways are not allowed on sidewalks or bike paths because the mayor of San Francisco thought they promoted laziness.
Soda and juice drinks with no real fruit juice cannot be sold from vending machines on city property.
As a protest to the state’s strict immigration policies, city employees (except for police officers investigating a crime) are not allowed to travel to Arizona.
9. Firearms In Advertisements
Advertisements in San Francisco cannot “promote the use of firearms or advocate any violent action.” The poster for The Other Guy had all the weapons removed just for San Francisco’s Muni system last summer.
In order to curb aggressive panhandling, San Francisco outlawed sitting on the street between the hours of 7am and 11pm.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact email@example.com to let us know.